Embark on a voyage of discovery at the innovative, interactive, and multi-sensorial Maritime Experiential Museum. Housed at the Resorts World Sentosa waterfront next to the S.E.A. Aquarium, the Maritime Experiential Museum and Aquarium (MEMA) is a new museum experience that includes maritime talks, exploration on life-size replica historical ships, and children’s workshops.
Relive the glorious conquest of the seas, as you return to the Maritime Silk Route of bygone eras. Be transported through time in 15 thematic galleries, journey in the tailwinds of renowned seafarers, and even flee pirate invaders aboard a burning ship. In this unique museum, you will see projections and models of the Chinese, Borobudur, and Javanese trading ships of the time, in a detailed 360-degree view. Become a sailor in training where you will learn how to read nautical charts, navigate a mariner’s compass, and more, at a variety of interactive exhibits. You'll be astonished by the Jewel of Muscat, a replica of a ninth-century Arab dhow which was given by the Sultanate of Oman to the Government and People of the Republic of Singapore. Go onboard ships and immerse yourself in an imaginative journey through Quanzhou, Oman, Calicut, Malacca, and Singapore. On this epic voyage, you'll have fun with interactive displays as you experience the exciting adventures of seafarers.
Upgrade your ticket and get access to the Typhoon Theatre and enter a 360-degree multimedia theatre that takes you and your family on an exhilarating journey onboard a ninth-century Chinese junk that runs into a terrifying storm. Experience the drama as the vessel is buffeted by the waves before sinking to the bottom of the sea where you will find yourself in the depths of the shipwreck surrounded by marine life.
Business hours from 10:00 to 19:00
Make your own way
8 Sentosa Gateway, Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore 098269
Embark on a voyage of discovery at an innovative, interactive, and multi-sensorial museum, The Maritime Experiential Museum
Explore life-size replicas of historical ships through informative projections or by hopping onboard the replica ships
Learn how to read nautical charts, navigate a mariner's compass, and have fun with interactive displays experiencing the adventures of seafarers
Immerse yourself in an imaginative journey through Quanzhou, Oman, Calicut, Malacca and Singapore – all major ports along the Maritime Silk Route
Upgrade your ticket to have an access to the Typhoon Theatre
Explore the Maritime Experiential Museum and see over 100,000 marine animals at the S.E.A. Aquarium™ with SEAA + MEM Bundle
- You can present either a printed or a mobile voucher for admission.
- Guests are encouraged to interact with the multi-media exhibits. However, please refrain from touching the exhibits on display as oil and dirt may cause damage to them.
- You are welcome to take still photographs for non-commercial use. Use of flash photography is prohibited at all times. Video filming requires authorisation from the management of The Maritime Experiential Museum.
- Consumption of food and beverages is not permitted in The Maritime Experiential Museum.
Please be informed of the change in operating hours of Maritime Experiential Museum:
- 09 May and 25 November 2018: Opens from 10:00 to 18:00
Price Includes : Admission fee
Price Excludes : Personal expenses
Warning : Typhoon Theatre Terms and Conditions:
- Guests are to follow safety procedures and staff’s instructions at all times.
- For guest’s safety, the operator does not encourage guests with medical sensitivity to strobe and fog effects and with motion sickness or dizziness to attend the show.
- To avoid injuries, guests are advised to remain seated at all times.
- Guests in standard wheelchairs are required to lock the wheel.
- Guests in electric convenient vehicle may approach attendant for assistance.
Safety and insurance:
- Children under the age of four (4) years old must be accompanied by a supervising adult.
Syarat dan Ketentuan
Business hours from 10:00 to 19:00
For ADULT, the bottom age limit is 60 years old and the upper limit is 99 years old
The rate is non-refundable.
Please present your e-ticket at the entrance gate or admission station directly and follow the instructions provided.