This e-ticket takes the holder to many different stops that showcases the many attractions that Penang has in store for tourists. There are two interchangeable routes that guests can choose from, with each route offering a different perspective of the city. On both routes, one can easily spot the cultural and historical aspects of Penang.
Almost 50 locations and attractions can be covered on this hop-on, hop-off bus tour, depending on where the ticket holder plans to go down. Some of the stops in the city route include the Botanical Garden, Penang Hill, Kek Lok Si Temple, Times Square, Komtar, Chowrasta, UNESCO Heritage, Clan Jetties, Cruise, St. George, Blue Mansion, and Kelawei. The beach route, on the other hand, includes stops like the Straits Quay, Flamingo, Miami Beach, Holiday Inn, and Hard Rock.
Business hours from 09:00 to 20:00
Make your own way
You can hop on and off at any of the tour stops mentioned on the pamphlet that will be provided.
Explore Penang onboard an open-top, double-decker bus
Visit as much as 50 locations that retell the town's rich history
Choose between the city route and the beach route
Get instant confirmation via email after booking
Due to the major flooding occurring in many areas of Penang right now, this service will not be available from 6th November 2017 to 30th November 2017. Dates may vary depending on the flood situation.
- There will be 10 buses currently available in Penang and 6 each will cover the City Route and Beach Route.
- Each bus is uniquely designed half open top with the capacity of 60 sitting passengers whereby 27 passengers will be experiencing the outdoor feel on top of the bus.
- Advance notice is required for on-board commentary in languages other than English.
- Audio guide is available on the bus.
- Each passenger will be given a service booklet, where the map of Penang, as well as necessary information about the attractions, are written.
- No food and drinks are allowed inside the bus.
- Hop-on and hop-off at any stop is available within a 24-hour period.
- We have established a Customer Service Booth at GURNEY DRIVE (STOP 1) and CHOWRASTA MARKET (STOP 7).
- It may take a few minutes for you to receive your e-voucher via email.
- The tour runs a continuous circle daily from 09:00 to 20:00.
- There will be a 20 to 40 minute interval in between buses (dependant on weather and traffic).
What to Wear and/or Bring:
- Modest, comfortable set of clothes
- Good pair of shoes
- Hat/cap, if you intend to ride on the second level of the bus
City Route Bus Stops:
Stop 1: Gurney Drive
Stop 2: Botanical Garden
Stop 3: Penang Hill
Stop 4: Kek Lok Si
Stop 5: Times Square
Stop 6: KOMTAR
Stop 7: Chowrasta
Stop 8: UNESCO Heritage
Stop 9: Clan Jetties
Stop 10: Cruise
Stop 11: St. George
Stop 12: Blue Mansion
Stop 13: Kelawei
Beach Route Bus Stops:
Stop 1: Straits Quay - Westward
Stop 2: Straits Quay - Eastward
Stop 3: Flamingo - Westward
Stop 4: Flamingo - Eastward
Stop 5: Miami Beach - Westward
Stop 6: Miami Beach - Eastward
Stop 7: Holiday Inn - Westward
Stop 8: Holiday Inn - Eastward
Stop 9: Hard Rock - Westward
Stop 10: Hard Rock - Eastward
Stop 11: Tropical Spice - Westward
Stop 12: Tropical Spice - Eastward
Stop 13: National Park
Stop 14: Entopia
Stop 15: Taman Rimba
- Try to avoid hopping on the bus during peak hours usually around 4pm to 6pm. It is advisable for you to go sightseeing or have a rest during the mentioned hours.
- The weather is unpredictable in Penang. Delays might occur during extreme weather.
- Please note during peak season there will be limited seating areas. Kindly start the tour early in the day to avoid any inconvenience.
Price Includes : Bus Tickets
Price Excludes : Personal expenses
Warning : - Please be informed that intervals and schedule between buses may be affected by road closures, diversions, and traffic congestion especially during peak hours, weekends, festivities, and school holidays.
- In cases of extreme weather conditions, this tour may be cancelled. Your host will contact you directly.
- In cases of extreme weather situations, this tour may be cancelled. In such cases, your host will get in touch with you directly.
THE DO’S & DON’TS:
- VISITORS ARE ALLOWED TO TAKE AS MANY PICTURES AS DESIRED.
- HANDLE THE ELECTRONIC DEVICES WITH CARE.
- NO LITTERING IN THE BUS
- NO SMOKING ALLOWED.
- NO FOOD AND/OR DRINKS ALLOWED INSIDE THE BUS.
- VISITORS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO EXCHANGE TICKETS.
- NO SOLICITATION ALLOWED.
Safety and insurance:
- Children below the age of twelve (12) must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children below five (5) years old do not need to pay any fees.
Syarat dan Ketentuan
Business hours from 09:00 to 20:00
Your booking must be made, paid, and confirmed 1 day in advance.
For ADULT, the bottom age limit is 13 years old and the upper limit is 99 years oldFor CHILDREN, the bottom age limit is 6 years old and the upper limit is 12 years old
The rate is non-refundable.
Please present your e-ticket at the entrance gate or admission station directly and follow the instructions provided.