Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai - Thailand,
Event Telah Berakhir
Full-day Cycling Tour of Chiang Mai Countryside
Chiang Mai is a lovely city indeed but if you want something different, then let this tour bring you to the surrounding countryside. It's an unforgettable one-day bicycle adventure.
Cycle through the quaint streets and into the canal and tree-lined lanes where natural wonders await you. When you reach the village market, re-energize yourself with a delightful lunch consisting of traditional dishes. Cultural appreciation begins when you visit the famous Wat Ban Tawai, passing through picturesque paddy fields. Upon arrival, meet the artisans and admire the carved wood splendour of the temple. You're also going to explore Wat Phra That Hariphunchai and the fascinating caves of Wat Umong and pedal through the foothills.
From the scenery to the atmosphere, the rural side of Thailand is certainly going to amaze you. Join this cycling expedition now.
Itinerary : Meet your host at Grasshopper Shop
Head at the Grasshoper Shop near Chiang Mai Gate at 8:15 am. The bike tour will depart at 8:30 am sharp. After a quick bike fitting and briefing, you will pedal to the railway station to catch the train to Lamphun.
Start Time: 08:15 to 08:30
Bikes on the Train
The 30 minute train ride will take you south from Chiang Mai to Lamphun.
Wat Phra That Hariphunchai
Bike from the Lamphun railway station through quiet streets and lanes past the ancient city wall to the sacred Temple of Phra That Hariphunchai with its imposing golden chedi.
Cycle across the Countryside
Pedaling out of the city, the bike tour will cut across the countryside towards Chiang Mai, wandering through fruit orchards and along canals.
Lunch in the Village
The tour takes a break in a small village on the banks of the Ping River for some deliciously simple Thai food.
Wat Ban Tawai
After lunch bike across the Ping River and on through rice paddies arriving at the wood carving village of Ban Tawai. Parking our bikes we will take a few moments to admire the carved wood splendour of the temple of the wood carvers.
Bike to the Market
Bike from Ban Tawai along the main road to the Hang Dong District Market. At the market hop off the bikes for a tour of the local market and take the opportunity to have some cold drinks and local Thai snacks.
Pedal the Foothills
Cycling the backroads and country lanes making our way through small villages, out across the plain to forested lanes in the foothills of Doi Suthep. Along the way we will stop at an ancient shrine and a beekeeping training center.
After a few rolling hills we come to the renowned forest temple and meditation center of Wat Umong. Leaving the bikes once again, take a stroll through the temple’s caves.
Bike back to the City
Back on the bike for the last stretch into the city passing the the University of Chiang Mai campus along the way. Eventually you and your bicycles will arrive back at the Grasshopper shop in Chiang Mai’s old city to conclude the bike tour.
End Time: 16:30
*The timings of each stop are local. The itineraries may be changed due to weather conditions, traffic, and other factors. Thank you for your understanding and kind consideration.
Make your own way
Meet your host at 19 Soi 1 Sripoom Road, Chiang Mai. Feel free to ask for directions.
Enjoy a train ride from Chiang Mai to Lamphun
Get on a bicycle and ride through the countryside and forested hills
Admire Wat Phra That Hariphunchai
Have a delicious lunch at the village market and savour the snacks
Drop by Wat Ban Tawai, an ancient shrine, and a beekeeping training centre
Check out the renowned forest temple known as Wat Umong
- Please be at the hotel lobby 15 minutes before pick-up time.
- Avoid bringing unnecessary valuables as host will not be liable for any loss or damages.
What to wear:
- Modest, comfortable set of activity clothes
- Good pair of cycling shoes
What to bring:
- Extra T-shirt
- Bottled water
Hotel Pickup Conditions:
- The timing provided for transport in this listing is an accurate suggestion of the meeting/pickup time. However, if any further information is provided in your e-voucher, that shall be the final and confirmed meeting/pickup time with a 30-minute buffer due to local traffic conditions.
- You are advised to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the final assigned time at the designated meeting/pickup location.
- Should there be any queries before booking, you may consult with our website chat concierge. For any concerns after booking, you may dial our customer service hotline on the e-voucher.
- For any other amendments about the meeting/pickup arrangements, we will contact you before the trip.
Price Includes : Lunch
Price Excludes : Transfer services
Warning : - In case of extreme weather conditions, the itinerary may be changed or the tour may be cancelled. Please contact your host.
Safety and insurance:
- Please provide your height and nationality.
- Children must be accompanied by a paying adult at all times.
- For high-risk sports such as this activity, travellers are advised to purchase the appropriate insurance coverage in their country of origin before arriving at the travel destinations.
Syarat dan Ketentuan
Your booking must be made, paid, and confirmed 1 day in advance.
For ADULT, the bottom age limit is 16 years old and the upper limit is 99 years oldFor CHILDREN, the bottom age limit is 13 years old and the upper limit is 15 years old
Please present your e-ticket at the entrance gate or admission station directly and follow the instructions provided.